Northwest Playwrights Alliance in NYC - and you’re invited! WWU/Northwest Playwrights Alliance tour: Sat. March 20 @ 3 pm Tickets: Donation at the door (or free if you’re willing to projectile laugh and/or cry)
Abingdon Theatre Arts Complex Dorothy Strelsin Theatre
312 West 36th Street, 1st Floor
just west of 8th Avenue
Join us for the first leg of the tour. Next stops: England & Japan. Dr. Rich Brown directs an amazingly talented ensemble, featuring short plays by Eva Suter, Michael Wallace, Aaron Shay, Greg Hischak, Solomon Olmstead & Bryan Willis The plays: Tads, by Eva Suter. An origin story that combines a brilliant use of dialogue and movement.
- Tads, dramatizes a conversation between the first amphibians to survive the treacherous journey out of the ocean to the beach.
- Johnny Elgam and the Newport Kid, by Aaron Shay. A hilarious Old West Showdown between the meanest, trickiest, snarliest pokemon champs this side of Hawks Prairie.
- Scent of Man, by Solomon Olmstead. The etiquette of growing a mustache – an idle conversation with life-changing consequences.
- The Square, by Michael Wallace – Schoolyard politics go a little too far in this playground competition…Funny, heartbreaking, and a little scary.
- Poor Shem, by Gregory Hischak – trouble in teh office when a co-worker has a fatal run-in with the Xerox machine. Do we call a priest, a repairman…or just use the by-pass tray?
- The Lazy Beauty, by Bryan Willis — a classic fairy tale with an unexpected ending. Be careful what you wish for….